A few hours ago, popular musician Naira Marley cancelled his planned protest against police brutality and had a live Instagram chat with a police spokesman, Frank Mba..”
Mba answered questions from some Nigerians and Naira Marley on SARS, which has been facing criticisms lately.
Here are major highlights from the chat:
· The Nigerian Police will get SARS officers off the roads and this will be enforced by the Police..”
· All Police Officers must put on their official uniforms for identification.
· Citizens can record police officers engaging in illegal duties if it is safe to do but do so only in security-conscious zones.
· Police officers henceforth would only move in licensed police vehicles and not Danfo and Keke Maruwa.
· It is not illegal to wear dreadlocks, mini- skirts, and modern hairstyles.
· Citizens can send direct messages to the police through their various social media channels.
· The Police are open to partnerships with youths to ensure effective policing and also ready to recruit 10,000 youths.